Tuesday 16 February 2010

It's 26 NOT 20!

Training continues to go well - and got up to 9 miles on Sunday morning. Too many hills for my liking but I made it!

Soooo I was running along thinking "well now, if next week I do 10 then I'm half way" and I was very happy with myself. Until the clogs did a few turns and suddenly I realised it was 26 miles NOT 20 ha!

So not quite half way there but 95 days to go so we'll get there.

I received an email the other day from a a charity called "the A21 campaign" . The A21 Campaign stands for abolishing injustice in the 21st century. Anyone can join - everyone can make a difference.


* Roughly 2 to 4 million people are trafficked in and across borders each year.

*Human trafficking is now a leading source of profits for organized crime, together with drugs and weapons, generating an estimated 9.5 billion dollars per year.

* The overwhelming majority of those trafficked are women and children.

* The average victim is forced to have sex up to 20 times a day.

All of a sudden your bad day at work doesn't seem so bad anymore does it?

* The CIA calculates that profits from one trafficked woman alone averages around 250,000 American dollars per year.

Find out more, and how you can help HERE


One question for you:
Should someone do something about this horrifc slavery?
I'll leave the answer up to you

Steph xx


No comments:

Post a Comment